Saturday, November 17, 2007

F'tillion

I learned that term in a blog (sadly, I can't recall which one), in reference to the number of ends the blogger needed to finish in their most recent project. Well, today at the Heritage Weavers and Spinners Annual Sale, I put through at least a f'tillion sales. I used an entire receipt book. Dida was the other cashier, and she was just as busy. It was completely insane. The people were there for weaving, that is for sure. I know that my yarn was successfully juried, and I did see 4 or 5 skeins being purchased in the first few hours; but overall.. it was a weaving sale. I need to rethink. Am I in the wrong guild?

Anyway, we were on a shift for 2 hours, and after that I had to come home to go to the cruncher. He swears I'll be walking upright by Sunday, and I choose to believe that. I'm working on Monday, crouched or standing.

I had a really excellent day (our third together) with Dida, Miss K and Mug. I had shown Dida a bootie pattern last night, and today she arrived with a completed bootie in her pocket. She is loving knitting, and it makes me so happy to share that with her. I gave her the extra Merino from the Tulip, and she's going to knit Miss K a Saartje's Lotte hat, but in the Tulips stripe. Tonight when she left to go home, she was really excited. I doubt she'll get tons of sleep.

It was an adventure today, that is an absolute fact.

No comments: