Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dear Zofia Cisowski:

I cannot imagine how you feel. I have seen your son killed over and over and over on the news. I am glad that the video has been released in the hopes that those responsible will also be accountable; however, I wish that your son's suffering was more private and that you didn't have to see that video. It must tear your heart out every time.

Mrs. Cisowski, I can't think of what I can do to help, but I want to do something. I think of your son, for all of those hours, without food, without water, without assistance. If only there had been a video camera in the waiting area; then you could have seen him yourself.

Please know that your son is in my prayers, as are you. He will not be forgotten.

From one mother to another, I am so very sorry. I think the whole country joins me in that.

1 comment:

Kayla W said...

How strongly I agree with you cannot be expressed in words. What happened is sick.