Wednesday, October 29, 2008

That bare hand



.. The one that waved to me the other morning.. blew me a kiss.. well, that bare hand used to hold mine always. I have noticed that with increasing frequency when I hold my hand out to her, she doesn't take it. She's embarrassed in certain situations.. too big to hold hands.

Tonight the baseline became 'in a large crowd'. We were at Value Village getting some stuff for her costume... she dropped me like a hot potato. Yet at Wendy's, when we went for something to eat, she held my hand for a very long time.



My burger was disgusting; she offered me hers.

I realized that these are the last few days of her childhood, and that my little girl is disappearing.

Trish said the other day that everything is changing. She was right.



I knit two right mittens. My mind is elsewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hugs to you too. It all changes and all you can do is hang on and hope you come out right side up I guess.

Frankly, I just want regular. Big 'ol heaps of it. Life these days is very irregular.

Miss you. xoxo.

Bellflower said...

I'll hold your hand. Sometimes I need a hand hold, but don't tell anyone. ;-)