Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rhinebeck

I'm so excited, and so nervous, and.. well, did I mention excited? Today I bought some travel health insurance from AMA, and somehow it made everything official. I'm going to Rhinebeck.

I have a rough idea on where I'm going and what I'm doing; and a pocket full of US cash (Which BF purchased before the Canadian dollar dropped into the toilet. He's the smart one). We've got maps, we've got notebooks, we've got each other. There's 7 of us descending on Tori, and to tell you the truth, a big part of the excitement around going to New York is about seeing her again. I hope she's ready.

Tonight I'm trying to decide how many needles to take, what projects, what books. Maybe just enough to take care of the flight to New York, and depend on purchases to get back home? Or.. do I work on WIPs? The Secret Garden is having a little glitch right now, and I could spend some serious time working on it. I have cashmere Casbah sock yarn from my birthday. I have 1/2 of an accidental Clapotis. Take it all?

Following is a little video that I took of BGAidan playing his very first hockey game. He's #9 in a white jersey and a white helmet, and I am so proud of him. Just a few weeks ago he couldn't skate, and now he's playing hockey. He played well, he passed, and he was a good sport. It's not a very good video (I forgot to turn it off at the end, and the world turns upside down), but what the heck.. it was my first game as a hockey step-mom. I could not be prouder. And ps: the assistant coach is hot.

3 comments:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Great video. If I don't see you before you go, have a fantastic time at Rhinebeck--take tons of pictures and say hi to Tori for me!

Jocelyn said...

I don't know Tori but I bet she's looking forward to seeing you too!

I only knit 4 rows on the Blueberry stole en route to Newark. We were in a holding pattern for 90 minutes - I guess that airport is in constant gridlock. On the way out we pulled out of the gate and the pilot announced we were THIRTY SECOND in line to take off! I finished off a whole mitred square (it was very, very cool to watch the planes all lined up!)

I'm excited for you. You deserve to have a GREAT time! luf ya (see ya Tuesday!)

Linda said...

Can't wait to meet you! I have my shopping list ready, mostly spinning supplies, but I'm sure some tasty yarn is bound to leap into my shopping basket. Oh, and a signed copy of Franklin's new book "It Itches"! :-)