Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm having a mental health moment




Because if I don't, my spinning wheel is going to learn how to fly.

I have never loved the thing, not for 2 seconds, although I really, really, really want to. Everybody else does; if you look at pictures of any spin-in or class, I'll guarantee that 50% of the people there are spinning with one. They rave about them.

I have a fast flier, I have a bulky flier, I have extra bobbins, I have a custom made, bullet proof case. It ought to do everything I want in the world, but you know.. it does not. Instead it shudders and wiggles and squeals and creaks, and I just dislike it to no end. I've been struggling with it for almost a year. Right now we are fighting with a tensioning device. It doesn't want one, and I say it has to have one or it won't spin. I've tried a number of things, and each one sucks in a different way than the last.

What I want is a Ladybug, but the orifice is too small for what I want to do. What I HAVE is a Lendrum. With all the bells and whistles.

At this moment, I'm half way through Navajo plying some Fleece Artist Wool/Silk. I'm not exactly at a spot where I'd like the wheel to determine that it's not going to ply one more inch. Yet I'm there.

What I ought to do is get my bad Karma wheel back and pretend this Lendrum thing never happened.

Ohmmmmmm.

Who said that spinning is peaceful?

5 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Ohhh..I know exactly how you feel with this one girlie! While it did not happen with my wheel (which I totally am in love with), it did happen with silver flute with sapphire bearings and golden springs.

Anonymous said...

I want you to love your Lendrum like I love mine Annie.
Is there anyone close by that has a Lendrum that can test drive yours and try and get a handle on what's up with it?
Plus, you could always ring Gord and talk to him, (I did) he was very helpful and patient and answered all my questions.
I still have the original rubber band on mine - I haven't switched it out for anything else.
Hey, maybe you could make a video of your wheel when you spin on it and I could look at that? Might help?

Anonymous said...

You ever thought about seeing if someone would trade you? Sounds far fetched, but you might be surprised.

Kayla W said...

Lovely, you need to get yourself an Ashford. Me and Pepper are like peas in a pod. (I'm spinning your fibre on him right now!) Go out, get yourself a wheel you love. It will make spinning not only happen, but you'll enjoy doing it!!

Shell said...

I could take a look at it. Sometimes it just might be a loose screw or the band isn't tight enough? Let me know.