Saturday, September 20, 2008

The blue period


Mtlaise is having a blue period (in that she is enjoying her new wheel, and spinning blue roving), and it got me thinking about my Nini. She knows lots of words, but she only likes one.

BLUE.

Dida called me today, and in the background I hear: blue? blue. bloooooooooooooo. BLUE. bl.ewwwwwwwww. BLUE. blue? Dida says: Can you say green? Nini: Gree (pause) blue?

By the end of the call I was falling over, I was laughing so hard, but I have to say that I am not a fan of repetition, so this would drive me insane. I'd need meds. Dida is very brave and patient, and it is good that God made mothers love their children more than life itself, or I believe my daughter would be insane very shortly.

Today I dyed, and I dyed, and I dyed, and I dyed. I worked on my process, and I'm rethinking my use of colour... while I spin Mandie's Merino/Soy blend.. lovely. Pink. Salmon. No blue to be seen.

(psst.. don't click on the picture. It's as big as a house)

3 comments:

Bellflower said...

This giant bobbin will devour us all! :-)

aunty tink said...

You know that by telling us not to click on the picture that we will. We all want to see the giant bobbin.

Jocelyn said...

Did someone say Blue?

I came up with a new name for the June YoL yarn:

PERFECTION by OMG! LUF!

do you like it? hehehe