Friday, June 6, 2008

Losses



The barefooted lady closest in the picture is Etha van Everdingen. She passed away a few Saturdays ago, and her death is such a loss to the fibre arts community. I didn't know her very well, but I really, really admired her (the day the picture was taken was the first time we spoke.. she was spinning for a sheep to shawl competition; and I was lucky enough to have the winning bid on that particular shawl. Gosh, it was blazing hot that day.) If you have an opportunity this weekend (June 6, 7 and 8), please visit the Artpoint Red Gallery and Studio to see the Profiles in Fibre exhibition. Etha will be honoured there, and I believe you might have one last chance to view her work.

Also, today I heard that Franki's cat Moe crossed over the rainbow bridge. Franki was the best of the best when it came to being a cat-mom. Moe was her closest companion, and she will miss him terribly. She did the very hardest act of kindness you can imagine... that takes some courage. Thank you to my friend Nikki for helping Franki with suggestions to deal with a very sick kitty.


*heavy sigh*

I'm not that good at loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

breath in pink, exhale blue. it helps. really