Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finally, plying

I've been spinning for hours and hours and hours, trying to finish up the silk/wool blend. Finally it's made it to the plying stage. It seems, for the most part, quite balanced, if not terribly consistent. I am simultaneously trying to achieve lace weight, and master a new wheel. I have a fast flier, and that was a complete and utter disaster. Spinning was super difficult (I was treadling my guts out... that doesn't sound right does it?), and the wheel was squeaking. When I took it off, everything equalized, and the weight I was spinning was just as thin. Go figure. I'm sure it's operator error.

I'm going to give it a rest for a while. And myself too; I'm just wacked.

Hey.. the Yarn Harlot is having a blogiversary today; why not pop by with best wishes?

No comments: