Sunday, February 8, 2009

Me and my wimple went to Banff

me and my wimple

Today we drove to the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel to take the kids skating on the small rink behind the hotel. We'd stopped in Banff briefly to pick up some Qivuit (none available!), and some fudge (too much available).

view from the skating rink

Despite the ice and snow, I spent the day thinking about fires in Australia, and how close they are to Mandie (she and her family are safe). Over a hundred have lost their lives... the numbers crept up terribly as the day progressed.



Our prayers go out to Australia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers honey, we really need them down here.
So many lives have been lost and whole towns have been wiped out...nothing is left standing in some areas.
50 fires are still burning, the sad thing is many were deliberately lit.
A cool change has moved in and brought some relief, fingers crossed the fires will be brought under control soon.
The tears have been flowing very freely....I cannot believe or comprehend the devastation that my eyes are seeing. Please keep praying xoxo

Gale Bulkley said...

It's impossible to understand what might lead someone to deliberately set fire to something.

Your words about Banff brought back a lovely memory about the last time I saw my mother before she died. We spent the day in Banff, and had a stop at the very spot of your photograph. It's good to be reminded.