Monday, November 3, 2008

Fixing things

I had a number of projects in various stages of dire straights...

For example, the set of 3 right mittens now have one right and one left. Fixed 'em.

Basic Mitts

And a pair of 'Noro Silk Garden Sock' socks... The second one just didn't want to be knitted; it'd been on and off the needles a half dozen times as I made every kind of error known to man. Fixed 'em.

Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn

Most importantly, I had been having a rough time with the Secret Garden. I had completed charts A and B, and realized that I had a dropped stitch that had slipped all the way through chart B. While I was on the flight to Newark, I tinked it back. Stitch by stitch. I re-knit and while holding it up to celebrate my success, I noticed that I had missed two rows. Aunty Tink.. well.. tinked (actually, she frogged). Yesterday I finally felt well enough to knit, so me and chart B are finished with each other. Three times lucky, right?

Secret Garden, Charts A and B

Secret Garden, Charts A & B

And finally? I fixed the twist on some spinning. I bought this Mulberry/Superfine Merino fiber from the Fold at Rhinebeck. I'm really happy with the results, and wish that I had more.

2 ply merino/silk blend handspun

And psssst.... Pumper #1 was parked down the street from me. All those fellas seemed to be having a break in the park. As they should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful set of accomplishments! Great feeling to finish anything, especially such beautiful things.

I feel your pain on the three right mittens. I recently put a collar on a shirt backwards, three times. I finally left it that way as it looked fine. But it's going to haunt me until S grows out of it. Silly!

Shell said...

I love the spinning it's so beautiful