Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We just wanted to, so we did



Try Absynthe that is.

I don't even know how to explain it. It's a bit like drinking real licorice. Only it makes your head explode a little. Believe me, the green fairy was officially released.

Now, less foolish:

IMG_2738.JPG

Correna and her mom had stewed tomatoes, and the way Correna described them, I just never stopped thinking about it. I felt as though homemade stewed tomatoes sounded like the freshest, most wonderful summer idea, so BF and I went to a farmer's market this weekend and bought 50lbs. of field tomatoes. We gave 10 to Dida, and I stewed the rest. One batch with garlic cloves, one with lots of big basil leaves, and two batches with onions, garlic, celery, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. We've had two meals with them already; one was simple macaroni with the 'italian style' tomatoes and a little butter/parm. The next was a big pot of turkey vegetable soup with a hint of clove, and lots of black and red pepper. It was SO good.

IMG_2739.JPG

Want instructions? Let me know.

Ravelympics update: The body is done, neck and button bands are done. I need a scale to weigh the balance of the remaining yarn, but I'll be darned it I can find it. I was going to move on to a sock, but I don't have the pattern with me tonight. So, I take that as a sign. I need a night off. Sleeves? I'm going to kick your butt tomorrow.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I confess there is a bottle of Swiss Absinthe in my fridge. Love the taste and the immediate effect, but do not drink before bedtime - gave me technicolor dreams that kept me up all night! ;-)