Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dear sock,



Originally uploaded by spinknit

Whatever it was that I did to you to deserve this, I apologize. Profusely.

Since this last photo, you have been frogged to well before the heel flap. I thought, at the time, that I could rip back both lace sections and reknit them, including the 4 rows that I had completely missed knitting. Incorrect. There was another, matching, mistake on the back of the cuff. Of course there was.

The fact that you were complete to 1/2 way through the foot is irrelevant at this point. Honestly, I'm nearly over it. And all that swatching? Sorry.. really, really sorry. I was overcome by the pattern and all those beautiful yarns. Swatching be damned, I'm going with the blue. [Reserving ability to change my mind after I wash the swatch.. just sayin]. I was unaware that you are a jelous sock. I should have known... you being green and all.

I'm giving you a rest until tomorrow, because i REALLY need you to be done by Thursday.

I am now sufficiently quelled. I promise.

6 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

That vicious little sock sure is a pretty shade of green.

Trish said...

Mean old sock. You want I should come over and make it behave? Oh what am I saying - why don't we throw it and the lace into the time out bin and head out for beers?

Just out of curiosity, why Thursday???

Annie said...

On Friday the good sock and its sister, the very bad sock, are entered at Heritage park.

Anonymous said...

You really should not apologize. I led you into temptation and was unaware of my hypnotic powers. I will politely bend to your will, avoiding causing you any further stress.
Love,

The dear sock

PS. Go eat some chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... I really really want.....

Maybe it's because the sock is so very bad....

Linda said...

That's just painful to look at.