Thursday, August 21, 2008

HC Ritter



Your heart stopped beating six years ago today, and part of mine went with you. I don't mind; you owned that part after all.

Tomorrow is your birthday. Your 6th. Only 6 years since my lips touched your cheek and I held you so close. Wishing. Hardly believing.

Never was there a boy so loved; though I didn't ever feel your breath against my neck. It doesn't matter, and it never will. When I lift my hands to my face, I can still feel you in them.. as small as a kitten. My son.

Tomorrow I'm going to the elementary school, and I'm going to send your balloon from there. You'd start grade one in a few short days, and I wish that I could hold your hand and take you in to meet your teacher. I wish so many things.

Instead, I'll send your birthday balloon with my kiss upon it. I'll watch it until it disappears. And I'll wish. As always.

Love,
Mommy
xoxoxo

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending much love and big hugs across the miles honey xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lovelyewe said...

Thinking about you Annie at this difficult time. I am not sure why life is so unfair and why bad things happen to good people. It is all just hard and awful sometimes...I am sure he receives all the love you are sending him.
Kathleen

aunty tink said...

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Love you. Lots.

Jocelyn said...

I will do something small to remember him today :) I know your heart has been broken, but it's grown back exponentially.

Luf ya to bits!

Shell said...

There are no words that I know that can take the pain away and no platitudes to make it better. Only know that I have a shoulder for you if ever you need it.

strollerfreak - Mel said...

It takes a special person to make such a big impact on so many people's lives...HC was a very special little boy. We will always remember him, and we will be thinking of you and him this evening.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. Big squeezes.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how hard this can be. My thoughts are with you ...
Sherry

Kayla W said...

Annie, love. If I could, I'd gladly take some of your pain.

Linda said...

All my love to you, my dear. xoxo