Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beige, I think I'll paint the ceiling beige



There's a cute dog for you. She was once a shivering mess of an abused puppy; but now she's a bundle of love, and brighter than a new penny. Her name is Roxy (aka, Roxy Baby), and we got her from the dog pound. Just look at those eyes. Somebody threw this dog away. And we are thanking God for that every darned day. Not that she was ever abused or discarded, but that she made her way into our lives. I can't even imagine what life would be like without that little face.

Today's post is a bit beige. Or, nicely, cream. Rox is a bit that way, with some apricot for good measure. I've been spinning cream as well. Natural BFL, 3 ply. And now 200 grams of a wool/silk blend, on a natural maple Lendrum.



The BFL I am going to kettle dye when I've decided what it wants to be... I'm thinking moss, or maybe olive. The wool/silk; well, I think I'm going to leave that as is, and knit a shawl with it. At the moment it's driving me insane with fibers floating everywhere and coating everything. It's up my nose and in my eyelashes.

Phew.

OTN: Two different socks, Mr.G., a little bit of the Icarus in the Iris Zephyr, and.. Mystic Waters.

What's on your needles?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Let's see... Lizard Ridge (my January knit-along panel), Rogue, and my Bee Fields shawl. Not bad, eh? ;-)