Sunday, December 2, 2007

Last night I made '100 cloves of garlic chicken'


HPIM0338.JPG
Originally uploaded by spinknit

It was 100 cloves of garlic gross. Alright, I admit it, I only used 50. 60 tops. The chicken was so darned dry that I couldn't even eat mine, so there we were with a whole pan full of chicken breasts, garlic cloves, and 1/2 cooked potatoes. All floating in white wine. Tonight I'm trying to turn it into chicken pot pie, so we'll see how that goes. Sans about 75% of the garlic cloves you understand.

A super great thing happened yesterday. Amy (of Make One fame, ... not to mention, the creator of my Mr. Greenjeans addiction) called to say that most of the fiber I took to the store had sold. She said I rocked. (I'll admit it.. that was the best part!) Imagine, being told you rock by the rockingest chick you know. Anyway, that good news means that tonight I dye again. I've been wanting to; there's a 'reflection of embers', and a 'bridgeland arch of fall leaves' colourway floating around in my head. I picked up a few pounds of Merino to play with.. tho it's BFL that I dream of.

Might I give you a book review? My understanding is that Careena shared her copy of The Knitter's Book of Yarn during M-1's last retreat. Amy (and others I'm sure) knit a pair of the Maine Morning Mitts found in the book. Because they looked so grand, and because I have quite a few single skeins floating around, I also knit some (in self-spun, navajo plied Wensleydale - colourway: Monarch). Cool... I love 'em, and fell in love with the idea of the book. Did some research on what it might contain (I'm not big on ordering books until I've seen them myself and I'm convinced it's not a waste of perfectly good sock wool money), and decided to order from Amazon. It's possible that I also ordered Lace Style and Arctic Lace too (it's all about free shipping, am I right?), but I'm not copping to it.

I have to tell you that i totally LOVE this book. Kudos to Clara Parkes for providing so much yarn related information, and a great big bunch of patterns as well. This is going to be one of my favorite books, and I'm really glad I spent the money on it.

Lastly... I found a really awesome blog. She's fab, and I think you should hear what she has to say. A knitter, of course.

No comments: