Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fail blog

Hey.. my guest blogger hasn't had much to say so far (his mom arrived from Victoria today), so I thought I'd say a word or two about our trip. Point form, because I'm exhausted.

1. West Jet offered pre-board anyone who was infirm, had a child with them, or was wearing a tiara.
2. Tori kicks some serious butt. She does.
3. The Air Canada contingent didn't make their plane, and ended up in Laguardia instead of Newark.
4. I have a UTI
5. Today we were on 236,000 trains, buses and taxies. So many that I have gone completely blank.
6. We started out in Hoboken, went to Manhattan.. saw ground zero, and lady liberty. We went to Brooklyn, we were in Soho,
back into the city, and finally back to Hoboken. We saw just about everything.
7. We have had 3 of the most fabulous meals ever eaten. Unbelievable food. Unbelievable. Indescribable.
8. Ok.. there was some yarn involved, but less than you might imagine. A couple pairs of socks worth.
9. We miss you all.
10. Tomorrow we go to the Catskills. I'm looking forward to seeing the leaves.. they are gold and red like you wouldn't believe.

This is a grand place...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so so so bummed that I didn't get to call and gab with you before you left. BUMMED!
You all have yourselves a wonderful time, I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there to get into mischief with you ;-P

Gale Bulkley said...

Don't use up all of your energy just yet - there are sheep to see. That keeping up your strength thing though, really great idea. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun already/

Bellflower said...

Say HI to Tori for me!!

Unknown said...

"Fail" blog??
Gotta have something relevant to say, and gotta say it at least as eloquently as you do!
Miss you!
Glad to hear you're better and are havin' fun.