Friday, July 25, 2008

It isn't a fiber circus...

But Mug and the girls were in one for a while. A circus, that is. I think (at least Mug and Kate) are interested in re-joining in September. This isn't Mug's finest performance; it is very hard to do something so physical while on beta blockers.




The following video blows my mind.. I don't know the contortionists, but they are in the same circus company. I think of them often, as I struggle to tie my shoes.



Did you know that circus training started so early? There are the teeniest, tiniest kids in classes. After aging out of this troupe, the next logical step would be to move on to L'Ecole Nationale de Cirque, and then Cirque du Soleil?

Tonight I've been working on a short row, toe up sock. It's not my favorite, and I'm working with a Fleece Artist Merino that I thought was beautiful at one point. That point is not now. However, I want to figure out how to do this (it's not my style) so that I can help Tori and Kathleen with their socks.

I was also binding off the Hemlock ring. I had no idea how tedious that was going to be, so I put it down after a while. At this point I am praying that I don't run out of yarn. If I do, it will be by inches.

No comments: