Sunday, August 9, 2009

Turkish Delight


Calorie free, and just as yummy...

A long time ago I wrote to the Jenkins' and asked for a spalted tamarind Turkish Delight spindle, only to find out that there was no more raw material to make one. Sigh...

Out of the blue, I received a note from Wanda Jenkins saying that they were able to make one more, and that it was ready for me, if I still wanted it.

Hell yes.

What I want to share with you is the amazing customer service that you can expect from the Jenkins'. When the spindle arrived, it was wrapped and re-wrapped in tissue paper, hand dyed silk hankies, and some undyed fiber to try. There was a hand written note from Wanda, wishing me joy in my spinning. Honestly, a perfect little spindle, in the wood that I dreamed of, was simply an aside compared to the love and kindness that went into the package.

This the kind of business I want to send my money too.

One thing, should you have the good sense to purchase a Turkish Delight, know that if you drop it the shaft will be tapped into the blades of the spindle. After a few drops it is quite difficult to remove, and there is a chance that the shaft could break during the process. If you drop your spindle as you spin, take a second and give the shaft a quick twist to make sure it remains untrapped.

3 comments:

random-charm Cindy said...

Lovely. I'm intrigued and not just because of yours. Spunky has some turkish too. I'm interested in trying a spindle with the weight on the bottom. Would make me more well rounded right? LOL.

Shell said...

New Turkish Delight. Fewer calories and now more fiber!!!

Domie's Mom said...

Nice.:)