Saturday, June 7, 2008

Too darned dark and dingy to take pictures

I'm behind on knitting content, not to mention dyeing... I have a ton of stuff dyed and ready to go. If the sun ever shines again, I'll show you a few spoilers!

At the moment I'm working on another pair of Detonator socks for sock wars. I have *just* enough time to get another kill before I'm out of the game. (My assassin, Mamasockster, has mailed my killer socks - they took longer than she had anticipated, partially due to an unfortunate thumb injury) Anyway, I really like these socks; they are a blood red semi-solid; the pattern looks much nicer than with a striped or varigated colourway (at least I think so).

sock wars, weapons

I had to start those socks from scratch, because having received the SIPs, I weighed t hem to discover that the sock and the yarn weighed less than 50 grams. Which.. is about 50 grams less than I need to make a pair of socks. Ya. Playing fair is a thing of honour.

sock wars, sips - 40 grams

I have been working on Ana Dalvi's Mystic Light shawl, but I put it aside for sock wars. I also have one sock completed for Jim, knitted with Silk Garden Lite. Love those socks.. they are the absolute best.

IMG_2431.JPG IMG_2440.JPG

So there you have a little knitting. Here is a pair of beautiful sisters for your viewing pleasure.

Sisters

No comments: