Thursday, December 27, 2007

I was lucky!

I did get the Miss Priss yarn for Mr. Greenjeans, but I was drunk at the time*, and somehow came home with a yarn which includes the colour bubblegum pink. Believe me, I'll be overdying soon. Stragely that thrills me, because now I'll have something completely original to me.

I am pleased, I wanted THAT yarn (cuz it's sproingy), and I was hoping for a deal. Yes.. it all happened. It was great, because Dida, Nini and I went together, and Dida also got a bag of Miss Priss. Somehow she's adopted my Mr. Greenjeans addiction. In her case, the sweater is already cast on, and she's well into it. I guess it helps that Nini didn't sleep last night, so Dida had a lot of knitting time.

As well, I got a 5 or 6 pairs of socks worth of yarn in all kinds of fun colours for approximately 1/2 price. Ya baby. I also bought 2 skeins of red in Louet Gems. Somehow M-1's yarn pusher (big wink) talked me into 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces something or other. She did it by resting the yarn against a perfect cheek, and mentioned to me how wonderful Nini would look in a sweater. Ya. Put it in the bag.

It's all good, and I'm thrilled. It was so much fun; I had Nini in the click, and when she got her fill of being admired, she had a nice nap.

My Christmas story will be re-rain-checked, due to extreme Heartland Lace Shawl knittage. It's BF's mom's birthday in a few days, and he's going out to the Island to spend it with her; I'd like to have the shawl blocked in time for him to take it along. I'm pretty sure that will happen, since I only have about 15 rows left to go. I've knit it in sock yarn, so it's quite a bit smaller than it is designed to be, but I thought she'd rather something smaller and lighter. It's a beautiful and easy pattern; I'd recommend it.

ok.. about the *drunk* thing. I wasn't actually drunk; but somebody (who shall remain unnamed) poured a dram or two of Bailey's in my coffee. Too. Much. Fun.

Photos of yarn wonderfulness to follow..

No comments: