Saturday, December 8, 2007

Errata on the blocking wires and a bit on Barbara Walker

Oops. There are, in fact, 36" wires in the kit. For some reason they weren't in the main bundle, and left behind in the mailing tube. Needed to clarify that.

Tonight I've been looking online for a set of BW's Treasuries. An affordable set... and I stumbled upon The Walker Treasury Project, in which people swatch the black and white patterns and you can see stitch patterns in RL. If you have some time to spare, I recommend you have a look. It's enough to to entice one to charge a set of the books (I haven't... I won't).

Years ago, when my first marriage hit the skids, I spent months knitting an amazing afghan. I'm positive I was flat broke at the time, so I promise you there isn't a natural fiber within 5 miles of it. It was so heavy and so big that I wrecked my shoulder in the process of knitting it (all the while, letting my heart mend). Today, for the first time, I realized that it was a combination of a whole lot of BW's stitch patterns.

Imagine that. I love it even more.

Tell me; why would you wear a shawl? If anybody comments, I'll tell you why I would, and do.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love shawls! Love them! They're portable, packable and... elegant. Now if I could just finish knitting one...