Friday, February 1, 2008

If Paula Deen told you this was good, would you believe her?

Salt/pepper pork ribs (quantity not noted)and brown them in a large dutch oven (using a reasonable quantity of oil)
Remove ribs, and brown one sliced onion.
Quarter approximately 4 potatoes, and lay on top of onions
Place browned ribs over potatoes
Cover with a layer of (good quality) sauerkraut
Bake, covered, for 2.5 to 3 hours at 325 degrees

The reason I'm asking is that you will not have noticed 2lbs of butter, 1 litre of chocolate syrup, and there is NO cream at all. Cheese is not melted on this dish prior to serving. As far as I can tell, the fat content is pretty darned low, and the sugar content is next to nil. (I admit I haven't read the label on the kraut, so I could be wrong about the sugar)

It's in the oven, and it smells good, but I have my doubts. I really do.

Update to follow.

Pfft. Avoid this like the plague. It's gray. In every way. Honestly, I should have taken a picture of this, but you might not have slept. Bad rib nightmares are the worst.

1 comment:

Bellflower said...

Sauerkraut. No cheese. Hmmmm....(and I am supposed to be doing the Fat Fighters thing and on the lookout for this sort of thing.) See you on Friday (where I will be creating one fine, fat dishcloth.)