Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Welcome to one of the best days of my life

Today was awards day at St. Alphonsus and I had received a note from the school that I should attend. I thought that Mug might get something for trying so hard, or for being so nice (she is learning disabled). Anyway, I was so darned excited, because it's important to me that she try. And she does.

Imagine my absolute shock when she received the award for Math. I cried so hard for so long that my eyes are about swollen shut. I have never been so proud of her in my life. I am about to burst.

And then, she got another... in Health, for her marks.

For all of you who might read this blog and who know what a struggle she has had, you can imagine how we feel around here today. Phew... it's overwhelming.

And today is one of the best days of Maddie's life too... but it's because Amy and Sandra gave her a cell phone. Well... that was her fondest dream. The knees went out from under her and she cried.



Man alive. Life is good. That's me at the end, bawling my head off. And, yes, Mug wears glasses and she dyed her hair black.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you all - sending hugs and congratulations from Down Under xoxo

Unknown said...

Gosh, I am so proud of her! What a happy day! Congratulations on receiving these awards Maddie!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of her and excited for her! Congratulations Maddie! Such a beautiful girl!!

Unknown said...

Yay yay ya! And I like the hair and the glasses! Congrats my loves!