Thursday, February 14, 2008

I was on my own today


And it went really well.

I opened up at 1pm, and shut down for a long lunch. Had a big 75% off sale, and followed that with nap. It was a good day.

Ok.. none of that is true except for the good day part. It was good; phew.. I was so busy. When I got home Dida was here with Ike and Nini, and we all babysat while they went out for a valentines dinner. Nini is teething, and she wasn't too very happy that her mommy took a hike. I put her in the click and bounced her to sleep and then things were quite civil. Once Dida and Ike came back, (complete with a white chocolate, heart shaped, brownie) Nini transformed into some kind of smiling girl who was quite enjoying herself.

Mothers are miraculous, that is a fact.

Jim and I have yet to enjoy valentines together... maybe the kids will go to bed and we'll find 10 minutes to eat that brownie before we fall over from exhaustion. It's possible, right?

1 comment:

Brinda said...

I hope you get the chance to spend the time together!