Thursday, January 1, 2009

What I've really wanted


...for what seems like forever, is some time to myself to create. I have been too this, and too that, and haven't had the opportunity to just sit at the wheel and spin. Everything has had a deadline of some sort, and finally I ended up with a deadline that helped me achieve some time at the wheel.

You see, Donna loaned me her Majacraft Rose to spin over Christmas. After everything was said and done, and all things Christmas were achieved, I found two solid days to sit at the wheel before it goes back to its rightful owner. I spent a good deal of time doing research on the wheel, making adjustments, talking to Mandie (she's a distributor) and generally searching for the holy grail. It was so great. I really, really love spinning.

But you knew that, right?

Thank you so much Donna!

My next goal is to dye. I have the weekend ahead of me, and I feel as thought the window of opportunity might just open.

Tomorrow? I'll be at the Knitting Room for several hours, and after that, Alphagetti with Kathi. I'm so looking forward to both things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,
Just thought I would let you know that if Rose is willing she can stay at your house for as long as you wish.
Donna

velmalikevelvet said...

hey spinknit, i tagged you on my blog!

happy new year, v

http://velmasworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/010209-friday-freaky-fun-fact-foto.html

Gale Bulkley said...

It's nice to see the spinning. I love seeing the work.