Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Sock5

It's been a crazy, busy weekend.. and somehow it's Sunday night and I promised to post some yarn and fiber. I'll never make it as a photographer, that's for sure! (BFML took this first picture, and the rest can be blamed on me)

I did knit a bit... I've started the bike messenger jacket from Son of Stitch and Bitch. I didn't gauge swatch, so the sweater is going to be for Aidan. He's excited because I told him I'm going to put a skull and barbed wire on one arm.

I spent more than a few hours searching for patterns... I'm looking for something to knit for Stampede, but I don't know what it is yet. The search has resulted in a great deal of research, and zero results so far. I like to test knit in a cost effective yarn, just in case I end up feeling luke warm about the project.... so I really don't have tons of time.

I cooked tonight.. and it resulted in what may have been the very best beef gravy I've ever come up with; it was so dark and rich that I was shocked! I'm not very good at cooking meat, overall.. but gosh, it was all good tonight. The Yorkshire puddings were tall and crisp, the meat was (overcooked, but still) tender and delicious. Back to pasta sauce for me next week I'm sure, but today I'll bask in a successful meal.

Now, for the fiber and the yarn! I should note that we have pets here; both dogs and cats, but it's a non-smoking house. If you see something that you'd like to purchase, please contact me by comments or by email (spinknit@me.com)

OK.. here we go.

I have two more sock yarn submissions.. both 100gms of superwash (wool/nylon blend) - $15.00 ea.

SOCK4
SOLD

SOCK5
SOLD

LOTS of BFL today... approx. 100gms per package, at $15.00 ea.

BFL1
(Note: there is so much turquoise in this roving that I would expect residual dye to be present when washing. It's the science of particle size.. the fiber will remain vibrant)
BFL1

BFL2
SOLD

BFL3
SOLD

BFL4
BFL4

BFL5
SOLD

BFL6
BFL6

BFL7
SOLD

BFL8
SOLD

BFL9
SOLD

5 comments:

Linda said...

May I please purchase BFL 5 in that very raven-y color? Yummy!

...AnnaRose... said...

Hi Annie,

I would like to have BFL No.2 and No.7 :)

Anne

Darch said...

Annie, I would like BFL 3 & 9
Carol-lynn

Shell said...

I am so proud of all the beautiful dying that you are producing, and when I have some money (computer is kaput) i will have to order some more of your beautiful roving. I am so in love with the stuff that I have.

Aunty Tink said...

I love the sock yarn. I cast on a pair of fingerless gloves 'cause it's so cold outside but think I have to use a size larger needle. Bad yarn...it made me forget all about my UFOs that I said I was going to finish!