Thursday, May 8, 2008

Twas the night before sock wars...

The Night Before Sock Wars
by Tracy Simmons

Twas the night before sock wars
And all through the house
Every creature was stirring even our mouse

My needles were sharpened and waxed with great care
With hopes that the pattern and dossier would soon be here
My yarn was picked and sat by my chair
And the family knew to stay out of my hair

When from my computer there rose such a clatter
It was my pattern and dossier
Now NOTHING else matters

I cast on with care so lovely and quick
I must now kill with my Addi Turbo sticks

My needles were flying my yarn all a muck
I may win this war with a little luck

My socks will soon be mailed with great care
In hopes that another unfinished will appear

I will knit til the end
I will not give up
My feet will not be cold
And I wish everyone
BEST OF LUCK

1 comment:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Sounds like you got some competition... best of luck to you~