Friday, May 2, 2008

I have too much going on.


Somehow I need more hours in each and every day.

So here's a list of some of the things that are happening.

Joan Shrouder is in town, and she is just amazing. I'm not in any of her classes, because today I worked, and this weekend I'm just too busy. If you don't know about Joan Shrouder you should find out about her. Not only is she an amazing and prolific knitter, but she's as kind and nice as they come. If you ever have an opportunity to be in her company, make sure it happens.

I need to make lace blocking kits. Somehow this weekend that is going to be done.

I haven't done my taxes yet. Man, that is the first time I've ever been late. I have a bag of receipts and the bag is too big, and there you go. The brick wall is actually the size of a Make One Yarn Studio paper bag.

I finally have brown dye, so I need to dye a small sample for Trish. And, to tell you the truth, I'd like to dye all weekend, because I have IDEAS. All of my ideas are in colour, and they are quite annoying when they are floating around in the gray matter. They need to be let out.

Also.. Mandie the great was able to identify the bulky spinner that I got at the Purses for Africa Sale. It's a Princess Indian Spinner. I am just thrilled (and amazingly.. shockingly.. just a few days later the exact same wheel came to her as well, so now we both have matching wheels. I can't wrap my head around it, but I'm happy).. BF figured out a small problem with the orifice, and now that's sorted out. I realize it needs some tension, but I can't imagine how it ought to be set up. Does anybody know this wheel and have any pictures or hints? Anyway, sometime during this weekend I would like to do a few experiments. I'm spinning some singles on the Lendrum right now so that I can use them when I have the time to learn how to make wrapped yarn. As I'm spinning the singles, more and more and more and more and more ideas are assaulting me. I need more time.

5 wheels is too many. I'm just saying.

I need to sand/stain/wax the new piece that BF and I made for the Leclerc wheel.

I got a call for a hardwood repair. I need to decide if I'm going to do it or not.

I finished the Bison Heartland Lace shawl, and OMG.. it is so soft and beautiful. This weekend I'm going to block it. Yes I am.

I have to go to the eye doctor's office tomorrow and I told Mug I'd take her shopping (she has a handful of birthday gift certificates); I KNOW I'm going to be getting new glasses.. so to the mall we go. Goodbye purple Prada frames, I loved you more than you'll ever know.

Did I mention that I'm knitting the Hemlock Ring? I'd show you a picture, but it's just a big gray blob at this point.

There is a pile of boxes/bags the size of an elephant sitting in the living room from last weekend when I did some spring downsizing/organizing. BF took two boxes of stuff away this afternoon, and the rest of it needs to disappear as well. I can't open my cabinet. Also; well, it's the size of an elephant. In the living room.

I don't need to eat 1/2 of a lemon cheesecake, that's for sure. But I'd like to.

I have some Llama that I want to spin. I was thinking that I'd like to make Nini a Cowichan sweater.

There's more, but the colours are cutting off blood flow to my brain.

I hope your weekend is calm. I also hope that Michelle comes home soon. Nobody has called me Bananie in days!

1 comment:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Hope you find some time to relax. It was so lovely seeing you Friday! I am fascinated by colour and colour play so I can empathize with having colours in your head that you need to get out. Dying is one of the things I think I may need to try one of these days.