Tuesday, May 27, 2008

4:21, and I can't sleep


I have a cold; blech.

So, some good news. First of all, Dida, Ike and Nini moved into their new house. It's not too close but it's not hours away either, so I'm really happy. They really needed to get out of the condo. Soon Nini is going to need a fenced yard to play in, and they definitely needed more room. The new house is beautiful, and they have almost everything unpacked and put away now. I think it's been an exhausting week for them.

And.. more good news. I got back into the eye doctor's office, and she felt that Lenscrafters had used a cheaper lense in my glasses (polycarbonate). Apparently at really strong prescriptions, your eyes may become super sensitive to that material. So all I had to do was (of course!) pay $55.00 more dollars (so much for the free Birks!) and have them switch back to plastic lenses. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, because it'll be at least another 4 or 5 days before they're ready.. but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to see out of them this time.

I've been 'dyeing' to post the above picture. It's my colourway (Hearth fire), spun and Navajo plied by Amy. I think she did an amazing job (took that fabulous picture too). I'm totally in love with it.

Ok.. back to bed for me.

No comments: