Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tomorrow is Aunty Mary's funeral.


I'll be seeing all kinds of family. Somehow, over the years, we've become one of those bunches that gets together when someone is born, someone is married, or someone passes on.

The thing is that my Uncle Don died in 2001, so when in 2002 I lost HC, the only place I knew to take him was the same funeral chapel. Sure enough, Aunt Mary's service is there. I am not sure I can get through the doors, but I am really going to try.

She has a grandson Christian who was named after my great-grandfather. My son was named for him too; though I chose the diminutive.

Enough for this day... enough.

5 comments:

granolagirl said...

Sending peaceful vibes your way today. You're in my thoughts - be strong Spinknit, you have the support of many.

Cindy said...

Hugs and prayers for you Annie. I wish you peace as you celebrate your Aunt Mary's life. Her spirit lives on, as does HC's, they soar with wings we cannot even imagine. I think he must be very proud of you, proud to have a mom like you.

Bessthespinner said...

I know this is a difficult time; all those who love you are with you.

Kourtney said...

Oh, that's a tough, tough combination... My thoughts are with you. *hugs*

Jocelyn said...

I love you chickie. I'm sorry you lost your Aunt (she appears to have had a very charmed life!) and if you can't get through the door, so be it.

xoxo Joce