Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Brier, hockey playoffs, and driving to Red Deer in the fog

I have really been enjoying the Brier... it's 10:58 and I just got home from Red Deer, so I don't know who won yet. Gosh, I missed a lot today.

For example.. BGA's playoff game this evening. It was a nail biter, and his team were victorious in overtime. I think the next game is Tuesday. I'm going to pray that it's not while I'm at work.

Here's a little video of him in the Saturday afternoon game. He's wearing a white helmet and has yellow laces. The Assistant Coach letting him in the gate at the end of the video is BFML. My two best guys...



My goal was to finish knitting the haiku on my project. That didn't happen. There wasn't much knitting time today. I doubt there will be this week, overall. These last few days before leaving for Mexico are pretty full.

Tonight's meeting was a team building event at Unity Baptist Church in Red Deer. We had dinner together, and then played all kinds of annoying team building games. I dislike that kind of stuff, but understand the necessity of it all. We dropped off our sleeping bags and sheets, which are now all bundled up with everyone else's. We learned some last minute stuff, and enjoyed each other's company.

6 more sleeps...

In my imagination, this blog entry was a lot more interesting. Did I mention that I drove there in thick fog? Home in thick fog and then a brief, furious blizzard? It was a long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. I hate those team building exercises too. You know that only the real work will make you a team. Soon enough. Soak up every minute of it, and bring a little mountain top back with you. I know some people think you can't live like that all the time but I disagree. At least I think it's worth a try.